Tie

Home Forums Photo Critique Tie

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

What do you think about this? My Uncle helped give me a few tips!

• This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Abbie Camuso.
    Attachments:

David Frazer
    Participant

I think you could sell the tie quite easily with that photo – is it for sale? 🙂 I like how the background goes really well with the subject, but stays very much the background. Also, +1 on the 1:1 aspect ratio. My only comments would be that the two sleeves are not identical (you can see the shirt only on the right arm) and that the left thumbnail needs a bit of scrubbing/manicure to make it perfect.

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

Actually, yes! It’s even on sale lol. You can find it here. Good thinking… Will have to do a retake. 😉

Mr. Quebec
    Participant

Maybe reducing the highlights a bit? It probably won’t really help the blown portion of the thumb of the right hand, but I think that it will give the colored lines on the tie more texture, especially those on the top.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I’m not exactly a fan of the intensely saturated look (in the hands especially). Makes me not exactly trust how the picture represents the color of the tie. Nice composition though. Love the high-contrast look as it matches the ritzy style.

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

Now that you mention it, I agree. I’m not sure how I could fix that without a retake…

James Staddon
    Keymaster

It mostly depends on if you still have the original photo, or if you saved the edited version over the original.

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

I have the original, but it looks pretty much just as saturated…. 😕

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

Original:

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Ok, good to know! It probably means then that the saturation comes from the great contrast created by the direct source of light and the warmer-than-natural white balance.

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

@jamesstaddon, you nailed it! Will have to do a retake with LED lights and see if that makes a difference!

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

How’s this? I couldn’t seem to get the exact angle as the other shot 😕

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Much better, for sure! Nice colors. Hands and white cuffs seem oddly dark to me, but perhaps you edited it that way to emphasize the tie. Attached is a slightly brightened version. Certainly don’t want to wash out colors in the tie though.

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

@jamesstaddon, I’m afraid your picture didn’t come through… 😕

Jinny Schober
    Participant

The last one is a lot nicer for sure! 🙂 However I think it is kind of awkward that you can see the top of the jeans, it probably is because you couldn’t find the angle you used the last time. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest