The Milky Way in Mexico

Home Forums Photo Critique The Milky Way in Mexico

This topic contains 37 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Austin Vinar
    Participant

ISO 1600. And yes, I pushed the stack. Here is a stack of 54 with a little more natural coloring.

Attachments:

Ezra Morley
    Participant

That second one is much better, as far as noise goes. πŸ™‚ I asked just to make sure, I wondered if maybe the RAW conversion process was pushing the exposure and adding noise, or something like that. Are these stacked from RAW files, or .jpg files?

Austin Vinar
    Participant

RAW.

Austin Vinar
    Participant

OK, now with a year of experience under my belt, I try again at the Milky Way. I was using a 7D this time instead of the XS, but the same lens.
    I shot 30 Raw frames at:
    ISO 6400
    F/3.5
    10 sec
    18mm
    Then, I ran them through a few editing programs, thanks to @buddingphotographer for the code!!! And then finished the editing in Lightroom. Next I combined the foreground in GIMP. This is the finished picture.

Attachments:

Ezra Morley
    Participant

Wow, that’s quite an improvement! πŸ™‚ I’m sure the higher quality sensor makes a difference, as well as better shooting and processing techniques. Good job!

Austin Vinar
    Participant

Thanks, and thanks so much for helping me with code and processing technique.

Ezra Morley
    Participant

You’re very welcome, glad I could be of assistance! πŸ™‚

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Unbelievable difference, @austinvinar! I can see that making a good submission for a VPO one of these days.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest