Opportunity: Woman Worshiping God (Sep. 28 – Nov 12)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Opportunity: Woman Worshiping God (Sep. 28 – Nov 12)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 3 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Have you ever gone through a heartbreaking trial? I doubt very many of us have experienced the same level of heartbreak as this one mother who is now writing about her heart-wrenching experiences in a new book called, “Even If He Doesn’t”. This book is very close to her heart, and she has contacted Lenspiration to request a photograph to use for the cover!

Request: Margret, the author, is requesting a conceptual picture of a woman looking out over a mountain landscape with their hands lifted up in praise. The mountains symbolize an overwhelming path that has been set before her. The posture of praise should portray trust more than celebration, almost as though she is “nervous” about the journey. The subject should be an adult, not a child.

Image Specs: Submissions must be of the highest quality possible, at least 3300 pixels tall! It is recommended that original images be shot in RAW format. Remember that the photo will be used for the cover of a book, so vertical orientation is recommended, with lots of room to spare for textual content. “Photoshopped” composites are welcome!

Submission process: Reply to this forum topic attaching a low-resolution JPG file so we can all see your submissions. Once a submission has been chosen, we’ll contact you requesting the original file.

Remuneration: PRO members will receive $30 per chosen submission; non-PRO photographers will receive $10 per chosen submission.

Terms of use: The chosen submission will be used as if Margret purchased it under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to the image to use as you would like in the future.

Deadline: Midnight, Sunday, November 12, 2017

Questions? Reply directly to this forum topic!

Mia D
    Participant

Is there a specific time era she prefers?

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Margret says, “Current time is preferred“!

Mia D
    Participant

Does nationality matter?

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Ooh, good question! Margret’s reply is: “Since it is a book about our family, and most people know that, it probably should be Caucasian. Thanks for asking!”

Mia D
    Participant

Is t book geared toward a certain age group? Please forgive me for asking so many questions!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

No problem! I’m glad there’s someone taking this seriously. And forgive me for my late replies! Will reach out to Margret again.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Teen to adult age is the target.

Mia D
    Participant

Thanks! And, no problem about late replies!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Sounds like a fun opportunity! 🙂

Is there a particular colour scheme she’s doing? Just wondering about good clothing colours. . .

Would she like space at the top of the image for text? And does she have a preference to how much space the person is filling up in the image and the positioning of them? (like in the centre, side and small person with heaps of mountains or mainly person etc.)

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Wow, you guys are really thinking through this! Great questions…. I should get Margret to follow this thread so she’ll be able to answer sooner than I. 🙂

James Staddon
    Keymaster

From Margret:

There is no particular color scheme. Fall is my favorite time of year, but other seasons and colors are not precluded. Space at the top might be nice, but the truth is that if I need more space I can shrink the photo and put a complementary background color at the top if need be. I think more mountains than person would be my flavor. I want to concentrate on the path more than the person.

I’m super excited about seeing the results! Thank so much!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Thank @jamesstaddon! Well, now I’ll have to see what I can come up with! 🙂

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I’m so glad you’re taking this so seriously, @creative-click-photography! Don’t hesitate to let me know here if you have any questions along the way!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest