Opportunity: Storm Clouds (September 14-27)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Opportunity: Storm Clouds (September 14-27)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Caitlin Compton 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Hey everyone! Can you go out and photograph, or find from your portfolio, a picture of storm clouds? Reply to this topic with your submissions!

Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
    Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint for the hymn “A Shelter In The Time Of Storm”
    Request: Any picture that illustrate the hymn. Ideas include storm clouds, rain, lightning, a shelter, a lighthouse, etc. A picture of storm clouds only, without any foreground elements.
    Image Specs: Pictures must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. No watermarks, please.
    How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
    Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry
    Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain the full rights.
    Deadline: Midnight, Wednesday September 27, 2017

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Here’s my submission!

Attachments:

Frazer Family
    Participant

On our family vacation out to the Bay of Fundy, we saw multiple lighthouses. I’ll attach a few. But actually, 20170906_ELF_6172 is the photo that comes to mind with this hymn. Taken from inside a cave while the storm clouds gathered (the rain began right after we left the beach), it seems to portray “a shelter in time of storm.” Though in truth, I wouldn’t take shelter here in a storm since the cave is filled with water at high tide! 🙂

Attachments:

Dan Cope
    Participant

Attachments:

Abby
    Participant

I was searching through my picture files and I found this really cool storm cloud picture.
    I hope this is helpful🙂

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Thank you so much everyone!! I’ll send these in for review and see what they say!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Ok, update here!

Since this request is for the background of a PowerPoint, the reviewer was looking for more of a storm-clouds only type picture, without any foreground elements. They are looking for a picture of storm-cloud shape and texture more than of an actual subject.

So, I’ve updated the initial request above and extended the deadline for another week! Deadline is now Wednesday midnight, September 27. Happy shooting!

Maybe a storm will pass through by then. 🙂

Frazer Family
    Participant

Hmm… we’re supposed to have a week of straight sunshine here! 🙂

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

A storm blew through! 🙂 Here are my submissions.

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

This is awesome, @creative-click-photography!

Kayla Weaver
    Participant

Here’s my photos! Upon looking through my files I found that most of my stormcloud photos have some sort of foreground element. I’ll have to remember to try finding photos in the clouds that don’t need other things to complete them. 🙂

Attachments:

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Here are some photos I found. Hope this helps.

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Oh guys, these are amazing! I’ll ask IBLP which one they want to use and let you know ASAP!

Bethany Vanderford
    Participant

My name is Bethany, and I work with IBLP. I am grateful for the time you have taken to help us with our project. Thank you so much for the submissions! There are some wonderful choices. We have decided to go with one of Caitlin’s cloud pictures. Thank you, Caitlin, for a wonderful picture to illustrate “A Shelter in the Time of Storm”! Here is a sample of what it will look like on the slideshow:

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Glad my picture is able to be used, @bvanderford! 🙂 It was fun to participate. God bless!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest