Crown Point

Home Forums Photo Critique Crown Point

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of James Staddon James Staddon 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HannahM
    Hannah Moore
    Participant

Hi James, We decided to go to Crown Point State Park in New York with some friends, and I decided to take my camera with me, and try getting some good pictures. I would be interested to hear what you think about the compositions of both the pictures. I was able to get the blur in the second picture, mainly because of my newest zoom lens. Anyway thank you again for putting your time and effort in my pictures!!
    Picture #1 and 2
    taken in manual
    Nikon D80
    f\5.6
    Shutter Speed 1\2500
    ISO 250
    Photo #1 focal length 19
    #2 focal length 200

Attachments:
    Profile photo of thefarmhand
    thefarmhand
    Participant

I’m not James, but I would recommend shooting @ f/8 and using a slower shutter speed. I would have composed the first image a little differently. I would have swung the whole camera towards the bottom right corner of your frame, putting the tree line and rock line on the rule of thirds.

Profile photo of James Staddon
    James Staddon
    Keymaster

Hey @hannahm, just wanted to let you know that you can watch my detailed critique on these two pictures starting at about minute 13:00 in the following video!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest