Barn

Home Forums Photo Critique Barn

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hannah Schmechel
    Participant

Hi!
    I took this picture at our farm in V.A. and would appreciate any suggestions on how I could have framed the subject better. Should I have gotten closer to the barn? What could I have done differently to enhance the overall quality of the photo?

Canon EOS Rebel T5
    f/14
    1/200 sec.
    ISO-800
    55 mm.

Attachments:

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Cool photo!
    This picture seems kind of “busy” to me, I’m not sure what you are highlighting. You could probably get three photos out of this one,(the geese, the barn, maybe the pond?). You could crop into the barn and then lighten it?
    Sorry this is not technical just some ideas

Ezra Morley
    Participant

I think you’ve got a point about the cropping, @elianafranzenburg. Here’s a suggestion for how I would crop the photo. I think the geese add a nice touch to the photo, it would be pretty hard to get them out. πŸ™‚

EDIT: Looks like uploads aren’t working right now for some reason. It’s uploading, but it won’t load the picture after the upload. πŸ™

Attachments:

Jinny Schober
    Participant

It’s a neat idea and a neat place! I think you could have lowered your f-stop and your shutter speed so you could have lowered your ISO. You could have tried to get a little closer to the pond, but that might have scared the geese away, or maybe zoomed in a bit and put the barn on a third instead of in the middle. You might have been able to change your perspective by moving to the left a good bit, because, it might be just me, but I would like to see the hills behind that tree on the right. πŸ™‚ I like how the water is so still you can see the reflection! πŸ™‚

James Staddon
    Keymaster

What a beautiful place! Let me think about it and I’ll see what critique I can come up with on tomorrows webinar! Here’s the registration link: https://lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-sep-26/

Hannah Schmechel
    Participant

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I plan to try taking this shot again keeping your ideas in mind!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Here are my thoughts! (Start at around minute 06:34)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest