Backing -Up Photos

Home Forums Photography Q&A Backing -Up Photos

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 3 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Hey!

Awhile ago I organised all my photos using Lightroom, but I still haven’t gotten around to actually backing them up on hard drives. . . I still have really full SD cards (which I’ve been having nightmares about! 😉 ) that aren’t backed up anywhere. So I really want to do that as soon as possible. The only thing is, is that I’m a bit unsure of how to do it and really don’t want to accidentally clear my Lightroom catalog or something. 🙂 Do you think you could give a bit of a step by step tutorial of how to do it on Saturday? I have 2 hard drives. Also, do you do it so that the photos are cleared off of your computer and are only on the hard drives, so you have to plug the hard drive in to access the photos? I was thinking that would be good since my computer is running out of space, but I want to know how you do it.

Also, if I recall correctly, did you say that you use sinkback to sink the photos of the catalog with the hard drives? If that makes sense. 🙂

Thanks!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I’m glad you’re careful going about doing this! Yes, I will do my best. I’ll try to think through exactly how I would back up my photos if it was my first time, step by step. Hope it will all be completely resolved by tomorrow! https://lenspiration.com/photography-qa-with-lenspiration-sep-16/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest